- Emergency Deputy – Li Ying, please email her at Emergency Deputy Porter to contact her.
- Tir Mara Crown Principality Deputy – Sile Dhubh inghean Mhic an Mhadaigh, please email her at Tir Mara Porter to contact her.
- Northern Region Deputy – Lady Ariana of the North, please email her at Northern Region Porter to contact her.
- Central Region Deputy – Teresa Giani, please email her at Central Region Porter to contact her.
- Southern Region Deputy (Includes Western Region) – TBD, please send emails to Southern Region Porter for contact.
Minimum Duties of a Regional Porter —
– 3 to 4 hours a week to dedicate to the office. (Approximate)
– current email access.
– responds to email inquiries in a timely manner (i.e. acknowledgment of receipt in 24 hours and follow up within 48 hours.)
– maintain email and word processing folders with pertinent accessibility information by year and quarter.
– Find out where accessibility resources are available in your Region. Keep a list of these, so you can direct people to real help.
– Listen to everyone with patience and equanimity.
– Understand, and clearly express that this office does not qualify us as physicians, therapists, we can not diagnose or comment on medical treatment. (I know, it seems obvious, but it needs to be clear to all parties.)
– Be available to autocrats/event stewards to help them figure out how to mitigate a sites impact on persons with a disability.
(Keep a hard-copy of the Accessible Temporary Events Planning Guide: https://adata.org/sites/adata.org/files/files/EventPlanningGuide_Final_2015.pdf with you for this purpose.)
– Consult with your fellow deputies and the Kingdom Accessibility Porter.
– Courtesy, courtesy, courtesy. Our office has to win the hearts and minds of the populace from biggest cheese to the newest attendee.
– report quarterly to the Accessibility Porter using the form provided. Reports are due not later than the 15th of February, May, September and November.
Most important tool:
A sense of humor.
In depth duties will be discussed upon inquiry for position sent to the Accessibility Porter.
Thank you for your interest!